Saturday 10 October 2015

Sunday post - 10

The Sunday Post is a chance to catch up with the blogosphere, as well as people's lives and to bring the blogosphere up to date with your own.

Hosted here: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/

I missed another Sunday last week, but the school holidays took a lot more out of me than I expected. Being home the whole time was certainly ... an experience. Spawn is pretty good at entertaining himself but he's also LOUD and has taken up rather a lot of space in my head these past two weeks.

Not a bad thing, but it has left very little room for my own things and thoughts.

Back to school tomorrow though and as much as I'd step in front of a train for him, I'm relieved!

I haven't been doing much this past week really. A little bit of stitching, which has been nice, and I'm making pretty good progress on the Grey Wardens pattern.

I read Dawn by Octavia E. Butler for A More Diverse Universe, and I'm hoping to put a review up for that tomorrow.

Possibly optimistically, I also listed The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri and the collected works of Hone Tuwhare for the challenge, but I'm not sure if I'll get to them or not - the #SalemAlong has begun and I need to catch up on that also.

Having said that though, I might try and get through Hone Tuwhare's book - he was a poet, so it's really a collection of poetry. I'll see how I go.

I did finally manage to blog last week, and wrote rather rushed reviews for The Namesake:
http://lifetheuniverseandcats.blogspot.co.nz/2015/10/the-namesake-review.html  and also Mad Max Fury Road: http://lifetheuniverseandcats.blogspot.co.nz/2015/10/mad-max-fury-road-review.html

There was no movie watched on Friday night as I ended up playing Inquisition instead. The peace and quite of a sleeping household cannot be underestimated - lol.

Hopefully - in addition to the review for Dawn, I'll also update my progress on the Grey Wardens pattern - I'm really happy with how it's coming out. Optimistically, there'll also be a review of the Hone Tuwhare book.

We shall see.

How's your week looking?

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like it's been a busy few weeks for you. I hope now you can have a few moments for your own things and thoughts. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan, thanks. Things should settle for a bit now :)

      Delete
  2. A Fury Road review- cool. I'll have to check that out. Hope your reading is good this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great reading week!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-mary-karr-reading-frenzy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad "the spawn" enjoyed his holiday, or were you on holiday? Enjoy the reads and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph, I'm on a bit of a permanent holiday at the moment - redundancy. It was school holidays for spawn :)

      Delete